Friday, August 17, 2012

I sincerely apologize for being such a slacker... (otherwise known as numbers 1, 9, 19, and 22).

This blog is proof that even slackers get things done occasionally... We just aren't always the best at letting people know about our progress.  Although I am running out of time, I have been slowly chipping away at the list... (in order of completion).

#22: Have my tarot read.

I have several wonderful pagan friends who volunteered to do this for me when I first wrote this list.  I'm not sure why it took me so terribly long to take one of them up on their offer.  On the 4th of July, my friend Tricia took time out of her hostessing duties to read mine for me!  I don't remember the finer points, but from what I recall, I am apparently quite honorable (2 Knights!  Take that, bitches).  Here is visual proof! 





#1: See The Godfather Trilogy:

I have to admit that I did not completely this one in its entirety.  However, I have been told that the third installment kind of sucks.  With that in mind, several weeks ago was Mob Week on AMC.  They played Parts I and II, which I diligently sat on my couch devouring for 8+ hours.  I can't believe I waited so long to see them!  And I have to admit that Robert DeNiro was a very handsome man in his time... not to say he isn't now, but I think I may have dealt with the carpet-stealing and occasional hop along some rooftops for Vito Corleone.  In any case, Parts I and II were pretty amazing and I'm happy that I finally took the time to watch them. 

#19: Read a friend's favorite book:

When I first made this list, I asked quite a few friends what their favorite books were.  I originally started reading my friend Suzanne's favorite book, The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath.  However, it was a tad bit depressing and made me want to stick my head in an oven (terribly bad pun intended)... So I took a break on this one for a while and decided on my friend Ringa's favorite book, Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne.  I have to say it was an awesome choice and I think that this is a new one of my (many) favorites.  I laughed.  I yelled.  I cried.  I swore to name my first born Philias.  In short, I highly recommend it... However, I do have one admission to make.  I didn't actually read the book.  I've become a big fan of audiobooks and this one was available for free on the audiobook app on my iphone.  So, I listened to it on my way to work over a week or so.  But as this is how I plan to catch up on my classics, I'm counting it... And it's my list, so I make the rules. 



and finally...

#9: Keep a plant alive for more than one year.

Believe it or not, 3rd TIME'S A CHARM!  Well, not really.  It's hardly surviving, but it's still alive.  I didn't say it had to be healthy, just alive.  Yes, it started out much taller.  Yes, I thought about just throwing it out.  But here it is!  Still alive! Here is one of the 2 bamboo shoots I started with last August. 

THAT'S ALL FOR NOW! 

I'm sad to say that I'm almost out of time and I don't know if I'll complete any more before the big birthday; however, I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment